Communication Skills 104-06
Journal Entry 9
I think that I am a good verbal communicator because I have always prided myself on improving the way I speak, learning the proper pronunciation and not being afraid to ask questions when I don't know or understand something.
In my job as a Customer Relations Officer you come into contact with different types of people of different walks of life and you have to be able to adapt, be sensitive to different scenarios and always be aware with whom you are speaking in order to be able to communicate efficiently and effectively. You have to know when to speak in layman terms for those who would not be able to understand the jargon you are using, you may need to break it down to terms they can understand. It is all about being alert, sensitive and a good listener as well as being able to empathize.
No comments:
Post a Comment